Everything Everything Review

Life is Short

Spoiler review by Rebecca

Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon
     Teenagers never make any mistakes and parents are morons.

     I know this is a little harsh, but I am bitterly disappointed with this book. Everything Everything started out so wonderfully.  The first half of the book was really good, and I wondered if Maddie would get a happy ending or not.  Then the second half of the book starts and Maddie runs away with a boy she has only known for a few months.  Don’t get me wrong,  I love Olly, but this part in the plot did not sit well with me.  However, my interest was regained when Maddie gets sick away from home and actually feels bad about what she put her mother through.   At this point I was worried about what was going to happen.  Then we find out that her mother was lying about Maddie’s disease.  I hated this part because at this point I was reading yet another story about a teenager with a crazy parent who is proven wrong by their child.  This ending probably wouldn't have been so bad if it hasn’t already been done to death in so many other books, movies, and TV programs.

P. S. Yes the final scene in the bookstore still made me smile.

Overall Rating: F


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Five Summer Reads for Teen Girls

Defiance Review